Dear Friends of the Mississippi Symphony Orchestra,
Let us begin by saying how excited we are that in less than a month we will all be together celebrating the beautiful ways in which the Mississippi Symphony Orchestra touches our lives. Every ticket purchased to the Symphony and Cicadas Gala on December 4 at The Reed House at Live Oaks helps further the mission of MSO, and we cannot underscore enough how much we value your support of this event!
It is because we value you so highly that the wellness of all involved in this event is of utmost importance for MSO. We feel a responsibility to each of you and our community to take measures to protect everyone, to the extent that we are able. Therefore, in keeping with state and local health guidelines, safety protocols for our upcoming event are being updated to minimize risk and the spread of the COVID-19 virus:
A negative COVID test or proof of full vaccination will be required at Symphony and Cicadas.
Following the body of this email, you can find helpful information regarding vaccination proof and testing. Masks will not be required; however, masks are still welcome, of course, if that is your individual preference.
Please know that it has not been without serious consideration and thoughtful discussion that these measures are being asked of those in attendance. It is with great respect for you, our MSO friends, that we make these decisions, and our hope is that these steps will allow us to gather as safely as possible. Thank you for your continued, faithful support of this organization and this event. Please reach out with any questions and stay up-to-date with our COVID-19 safety protocols by visiting the event website, one.bidpal.net/mso2021.
What forms of vaccination proof are accepted?
Proof of full vaccination must match holder’s photo ID and may include:
- Digital verification through the Mississippi State Department of Health immunization record portal, myirmobile.com.
- A physical vaccine card
- A legible photocopy of a complete vaccination card
- A legible mobile image of a complete vaccination card
- If your card is lost, you can request a hard copy replacement OR get a digital copy of your vaccination record at myirmobile.com.
What is considered “fully vaccinated”?
- Full COVID-19 vaccination means event date must be at least 14 days after second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, OR at least 14 days after a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.
Therefore, for Symphony and Cicadas, the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine OR the single dose COVID-19 vaccine must have been administered on or before November 20, 2021.
What type of COVID test will be accepted?
- PCR test administered by a healthcare provider is required to be completed within 3 days of the event. Antibody or antigen tests will not be accepted.
- Proof of negative test may be a printed or digital test result that matches the holder’s photo ID.
- The Mississippi State Department of Health offers COVID-19 tests at no-cost; find free testing locations near you by visiting, covidschedule.umc.edu.
What if I have been vaccinated or have a negative COVID-19 test but not feeling well?
If you have recently been diagnosed with COVID-19, had direct contact with an individual diagnosed with or suspected to have COVID-19, or are displaying symptoms commonly associated with COVID-19, we request that you stay home and support MSO through the silent auction at one.bidpal.net/mso2021.
How can I support the Mississippi Symphony Orchestra if I am not ready to attend in-person events, or not fully vaccinated and do not wish to get tested?
Please support MSO by making a donation or participating in the silent auction on the event website, one.bidpal.net/mso2021. While donations can be made online anytime between now and the event, the auction will open for bidding on Saturday, November 27, and close on Saturday, December 4.
What other safety measures will be implemented at the event?
- The Reed House at Live Oaks offers an expansive outdoor space and 10,000+ square feet indoor venue. Various components of the event will be held indoors and outdoors (weather permitting), allowing guests to socially distance and socialize outside, if preferred.
- No physical tickets will be mailed and check-in process will be touchless.
- Masks will be offered at check-in for anyone who would like to wear one.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the venue.
Mark your calendar for December 4 and click the LEARN MORE button below to purchase your tickets, learn exciting details about the silent auction, or make a donation to MSO today. We look forward to celebrating with you!
Symphony & Cicadas Gala
Saturday, December 4, 2021
7:30pm ♦ The Reed House at Live Oaks
Music ♦ Cocktail Dinner ♦ Silent Auction
Black Tie Optional ∼ Proof of Full Vaccination or Negative Covid Test Required