Great music brings out the best in who we are, as individuals & as a community. It speaks to beauty, to truth, to our lives. Our goal is to provide music creatively & safely as we navigate through this difficult time & together, create a new future – one we all know must have music.
The MSO staff continues to work remotely, but we stand ready to assist you in any way we can. We have full access to all patron information and documents, so leave us a message at: email@example.com. Or find the email address for each staff member under contact info in the ABOUT US menu dropdown on the home page, and we will be in touch as soon as possible. Stay safe and healthy!
MSO 2020-21 April Concerts – Playing it Safe
During the pandemic, single ticket sales are available online ONLY. Renewed subscribers go to “Concerts & Events” in the home page menu, dropdown SUBSCRIBER RSVP. All tickets $20. We are not currently offering the $5 student ticket initiative due to vastly reduced seating availability and reduced ticket prices. At this time, we are only announcing revised programmatic offerings through April. We will share details on the remainder of our season as we go, altering plans if necessary.
April Concert Guide:
THE INFLUENCERS: BACH & HAYDN • 4.10.21 • Thalia Mara Hall • 7:30pm
> Tickets on sale March 27 here!
SPRING VIBRATIONS • 4.24.21 • Thalia Mara Hall • 7:30pm
> Tickets on sale March 27 here!
WHAT TO EXPECT
The MSO and city of Jackson are committed to your safety. We want you to be comfortable knowing we are making your attendance safe by following strict PPE protocols and guidelines. We will continuously monitor and abide by these guidelines issued by the CDC, our Governor, Mayor, and the State Health Department.
The Patron Experience – Concerts at Thalia Mara Hall
• Subscribers who have already renewed must register attendance by concert in advance, after which remaining seats will be available for public purchase. Seats will be assigned by MSO and an e-ticket will be emailed (print or bring on your Smartphone to show usher).
• Concerts will be shorter and without intermission or concessions. There will be no pre-concert lectures.
Patrons are required to wear masks and must remain on throughout the concert, as well as entering and leaving The Hall.
• For ample space while entering and exiting, audience will be assigned to front and side doors of The Hall nearest their seats.
• Patrons will retain control of tickets at the door to minimize physical interaction.
• There will be no ticket sales or Will Call at concerts.
Thalia Mara Hall Protocols and Policies
• On a daily basis, Thalia Mara staff will practice safety protocols at all times. Temperature will be taken upon arrival and face masks worn throughout their shift.
• Offices, restrooms, stairs, escalator handrails, and all other hi-touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected at the beginning and end of each day.
• Seating will be socially distanced by 6 feet with households together. This means 3 empty seats between groups and 2 empty rows between each seated row.
• The entire Hall will be thoroughly and professionally sanitized before and after every concert, including seats, armrests, countertops, and other hi-touch surfaces.
• Hand sanitizer stations will be available at entrances and strategic locations.
• Signage and additional information will be posted throughout the facility.
• There will be no congregating in the lobby, on the mezzanine level or in other large, open areas. Social distancing will be practiced in restrooms.
• There will be no patrons or ushers allowed backstage for any reason.
About the Musicians
The orchestra will be much smaller than usual, and socially distanced on stage (wearing masks). They will also follow all arrival and temperature requirements. Because of the vector of transmission via aerosol, we will use few, if any, wind and brass players at first.
Frequently Asked Questions:
» What if state health guidelines preclude having one of these concerts? We will announce any changes via email, social media, MSO Tempo! blog, and at msorchestra.com.
» What if you run out of room, but I am a paid subscriber? We will exchange your tickets for a future concert. We have approximately 355 seats, distanced, which includes the upper balcony.
» What about the rest of the season? We are hopeful! We will return to full orchestra concerts as soon as it is safe. We will keep you posted about plans and any changes.
» What if I need handicap accessible seating, or few stairs? Please indicate your need when making your concert reservation, or purchasing tickets online, and we will be in touch.
» How can I help? We have adopted an austere budget in order to be in a sound position to re-open when possible. Our goals include continuing to support our musicians. If you can make a donation to help us through this period, it will be most appreciated. Gifts can be made online here.
» Once I’ve reached my seat, is it OK to remove my mask? We ask that you keep your mask on throughout the concert, including while entering and exiting The Hall.
» What if my child is a MYSO student and I’m interested in tickets? Parents of MYSO students should email the Box Office Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, to purchase at the special rate.
» What should I do if I have a gift certificate or voucher that applies to this season? Please email the Box Office Director and provide certificate or voucher information in order to redeem, if applicable.
» Do you offer group, military or senior discounts? We normally do offer a group discount, but due to current safety restrictions and vastly reduced socially distanced seating, we are only seating households at this time.
MSO Offices & Thalia Mara Hall Locations:
201 East Pascagoula Street (inside the Mississippi Arts Center)
Jackson, MS 39201
P.O. Box 2052
Jackson, MS 39225
The Mississippi Symphony Orchestra box office accepts cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard & American Express.
Thalia Mara Hall:
255 East Pascagoula Street (next to the Mississippi Arts Center & Planetarium)
Jackson, MS 39201
There are several parking lots located in downtown Jackson. Free parking is available on concert evenings at the City Centre Parking Garage directly across the street from The Hall, courtesy of Hertz Investment Group. Street parking is generally available early, as is the small lot to the west of the hall. West Street along the side of The Hall is reserved for drop-off and accessible parking ONLY.
Thalia Mara Hall’s main entrance and restrooms are ramp accessible. A passenger elevator is available for access to all levels. Main seating floor includes reserved wheelchair spaces. (*If you need handicap or semi-accessible seating, or few stairs, please leave a note for the Box Office Director when purchasing tickets online so you can be seated accordingly). City Centre Parking Garage has reserved accessible parking spaces and ramp accessible sidewalks leading to the main entrance. Accessible spaces are marked on the west side of The Hall.Thalia Mara Hall floor map renderings below for reference in locating your pre-assigned seats.